Our Mission Statement
“The purpose of this practice is to create a secure, warm and comfortable place where the treatment of all individuals and their interdependent relationships are based on the principles of trust, integrity, fairness and respect. Our duty is to strive to provide the right dental care that is of exquisite beauty and value, while never forgetting that the patients who honor us with their presence are more important than any service our team provides.”
*Dr. Kauffman accepts PPO dental insurance plans, and is an Out of Network Provider. We do not accept HMO plans at this time.*
What To Expect:
A standard new patient appointment includes a very thorough exam and discussion of your oral wellbeing with the doctor. Dr. Kauffman’s approach to new patient care is to provide a very thorough and accurate picture of where a patient is at in their oral health currently, and a discussion of where they want to be. To ensure that you receive the best experience take some time to consider what your long-term oral health goals are, fill out the provided paperwork, and have your insurance information ready. If at any time in the process you have a question please give us a call. We look forward to meeting you!
We are conveniently located inside the Georgia Pacific Center, 133 Peachtree St NE, Suite 4050. We are also accessible by public transport via the Marta Stop Peachtree Center South.
If you are driving and WILL BE USING YOUR GPS navigate to 60 John Wesley Dobbs Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30303 . This is the address of the parking deck and we gladly validate parking at this location, using the Peachtree St address will lead to some confusion about how to get to the parking deck.
Coming from the North:
- Travel on either I-75 or I-85 South to Downtown Atlanta.
- I-75 and I-85 merge just prior to 14 th Street as you travel south on these Interstate Highways. As you approach downtown, you want to exit at Courtland Street , which is Exit #249A . This is the exit immediately after Williams Street.
- When you exit at Courtland Street you will see it is a one-way street heading south. Get into the right lane. Take an immediate right at the tall hedge immediately after the Budget rental car office into the Georgia-Pacific Center parking garage.
- Please retain your parking ticket for validation. We will provide you with token notes for your exit, which can only be used at the Courtland St. Exit.
- On Level 4 we have parking spaces #36 and #37, also #169 and #170 on 5A are reserved. If those spaces are full go to the next level and park anywhere. The bridge from the garage to the building is on Level 4. Come into the building and turn into the last bank of elevators on your left. We are on the 40 th Floor, suite 4050.
Coming from the South:
- Traveling North on the Connector, exit at the International Blvd. Exit – #248C. Stay in the far left lane on the exit.
- At the second stoplight, turn left onto International Blvd., stay in the far left lane again.
- At the second stoplight, turn left onto Courtland Street , which is a one-way heading south. Get into the right lane. Take an immediate right at the tall hedge immediately after the Budget rental car office into the Georgia-Pacific Center parking garage. If you miss the turn into the parking garage make a right onto John Wesley Dobbs and a right into the Georgia Pacific Parking garage.
- Please retain your parking ticket for validation. We will provide you with token notes for your exit, which can only be used at the Courtland St. Exit.1.
- On Level 4 we have parking spaces 36 and 37, also #169 and #170 on 5A are reserved. If those spaces are full go to the next level and park anywhere. The bridge from the garage to the building is on Level 4. Come into the building and turn into the last bank of elevators on your left. We are on the 40 th Floor, suite 4050.
Building Entry Guide:
- Check in at the round security desk by the main street entrance to the building.
a. State that you are a ” guest of Dr. Kauffman’s “.
b. The security guard on duty will give you a white entry card.
- Tap your card on the white rectangle on top of the turnstyle to gain entry (note it will beep once and the wings will open).
- TURN IN YOUR CARD AT the frontdesk of Dr. Kauffman’s once you sign-in.
- As you return to the lobby you will not need your card to exit the turnstiles.
If you are being accompanied by a child or spouse please mention this to the Security Guard on duty and they will assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment if it’s your first time visiting the dentist. That way, you’ll be able to fill out any necessary paperwork, including your insurance information. This will also give you some leeway during your first commute if you get confused or need more time to find parking. Our team can assist you while you’re waiting by answering any questions you may have about our practice.
Your dentist is able to perform a variety of procedures to enhance your smile based on your initial consultation. They’ll examine your oral health and medical history to develop a treatment plan that best compliments your unique dental case. This will also be the perfect time to inform your dentist about your smile goals and what you hope to achieve with treatment.
Yes! Our dental practice specializes in sedation dentistry to ensure you feel as relaxed and comfortable as ever during your procedure. At your initial appointment, you and your dentist will be able to discuss your different options based on your oral health needs and what treatment you will be undergoing. We also provide a warm and welcoming dental office space to help you feel more at ease when you first enter our building.
The best way to learn whether your dentist will accept your insurance is to reach out to your provider to get a more accurate understanding of your benefits. This will ensure that there aren’t any surprises when you first visit our dental office. Fortunately, we accept most providers and will work with you to ensure your treatment is easily accessible and affordable.
Schedule Your First Visit With Dr. Kauffman
Dr. Thomas Kauffman and our dental team have the knowledge and expertise to give you a high-quality experience at our Atlanta, GA dental office. If you’re suffering from missing teeth or just need to see a dentist for general care, our team of professionals can help. Schedule your visit today by calling (404) 924-4376 or by filling out our online contact form. We also serve patients in Oakland, South Downtown, and Cabbagetown, GA.